So, you are a teenager and looking forward to get started with photography?
If yes, then this list of best camera for teenagers is for you. I am into photography from last 8 Years and I started my journey in the teens only.
That’s why I think that I will help you choose the best camera option in the market.
I have created the list of 16 cameras that you can consider while buying in your teens below. You can simply read the main feature click on the name of the camera to know more.
The best part about this list is that it has almost everything you need to know while choosing your first camera. I have put myself in your shoes while writing this resource.
Make sure you let me know, your favorite camera in the comment section below.
Best Camera For Teenagers in 2021
- 1. GoPro Hero 9 – Best Action Camera For Teenagers
- 2. Fujifilm Instax Mini 11 – Best Instant Photo Camera For Teenagers
- 3. Canon G7X Mark II – Best Filmmaking Camera For Teenagers
- 4. Nikon D3500 – Best Entry Level DSLR For Teenagers
- 5. Sony DSC-W830 – Best Camera For Teens Under Budget
- 6. Canon EOS Rebel T7 – Perfect Camera To Start Photography
- 7. Panasonic LUMIX FZ80 – Best Value For Money Camera
- 8. Canon PowerShot SX530 – Best Zooming Camera Under Budget
- 9. Sony DSCWX350 – Best Pocket Size Camera For Beginners
- 10. Canon EOS Rebel T7i – Best DSLR Camera for Professional Photography
- 11. Panasonic LUMIX DC-ZS70K – Best Point & Shoot Camera for Teenagers
- 12. Nikon COOLPIX A900 – Best Entry Level Point & Shoot Camera
- 13. AKASO EK7000 – Best Cheapest Action Camera for Teenagers
- 14. Kodak PixPro – Perfect Camera For Children
- 15. Canon ELPH 180 – Easy To Use Camera For Teenagers
- 16. Sony DSCW800/B – Best Durable Camera For Teens
1. GoPro HERO9
Best Action Camera For Teenagers
GoPro HERO9 is an all rounder action camera that is suitable in every aspect like creating cinematic video, social media content, vlogging, etc. So, I am sure that it will amaze you as a teen. It is available at an affordable price in terms of the features it has to offer. Doesn’t matter whether it’s a hot desert, snowy mountain, or underwater, you can expect a full-fledged performance. The biggest advantage that GoPro users like is that now you can shoot a 5K video through this action beast.
It may look small in size, but it can create wonders for you as a teenager. You can capture a 20MP super photo that delivers clear images and highly detailed color images. It has a front display with a rear touch screen that makes your shooting experience even better. There are more interesting features of GoPro. GoPro Hero9 is such an action camera to which the words will fall short, but its features won’t. So to make it more eye reading, clear and crisp, You can check out the features below.
- 1080p hyper Smooth Webcam for Live Streaming
- 8x slow-motion video recording with timewarp 3.0 and HyperSmooth 3.0
- Hindsight technology for Recording 30 Seconds before you press the Record Button.
- Rugged and Waterproof Design
- Excellent audio recording
- Beginner Friendly
2. Fujifilm Instax Mini 11
Best Instant Photo Camera For Teenagers
Fujifilm Instax Mini 11 is an instant camera that is perfect for creating memories as a teenager. The name Instax itself says about it. It is the best camera for teenagers because it is very easy to carry and use. You can easily capture photos without any difficulty and get an instant printout. The slim body of this Fujifilm Instax Mini 11 makes it weightless. This camera uses a couple of AA batteries, which means that you can be free from charging and this makes it handy while traveling.
You can get this camera in different color variants like Sky Blue, Lilac Purple, Ice White, Charcoal Gray, and Blush Pink (Check out Here). It has an automatic exposure to capture bright images. It will change the setting automatically according to the situation. The camera has two shutter button accessories including a Jewel button and a glow button. You can take a look at the features given below.
- Available in Different Colors
- Instant Image Capture & Printout
- Selfie mode for Easy Selfies
- Runs on 2AA batteries
- Easy to carry and use
3. Canon G7X Mark II
Best Filmmaking Camera For Teenagers
Canon PowerShot G7 X Mark II is a digital camera with excellent features that makes it stand in the list of the best camera for teenagers. It is easy to carry in the pocket and shoot whenever and wherever you want. G7X has a 3-inch screen that can be tilt upto 180 degrees. This feature actually makes your vlogging and selfie sessions easier. It captures video at 1080p and images at 20.1MP resolution with a 1.0-inch sensor. It has a powerful image processor of DIGIC 7 that boosts the quality & processing time of the image.
The output quality is so great that it makes it the best entry-level filmmaking camera for teens like you. You can use this camera to continuously shoot up in 8fps in different modes such as RAW, JPEG, and RAW+JPEG modes. If you are still thinking about whether it is good for you or not? Then just check out the key features and video given below for better understanding.
- Video and image capturing in 1080p quality and 20.1MP
- 1.0-inch sensor with powerful processor of DIGIC 7 image processor
- Continuous shoot up to 8fps in different modes
- You can shoot between 0 to 40 degrees temperature.
- Adjustable and easy mobile camera
4. Nikon D3500
Best Entry Level DSLR For Teenagers
Nikon D3500 is an entry-level DSLR camera model to learn photography as a teenager. It has some really good features including a wide range of shooting modes. These modes help you in shooting the best shot with ease. It is a handy camera with easy controls. You can shoot good quality images that are 15 times better than a smartphone camera and videos up to 1080p.
The Snapbridge feature helps you to use the camera easily through your tablet or smartphone. The image produced by the Nikon D3500 is sharper, clearer, and detailed color image. It has a fast and accurate 11 Point Auto-Focus that are spread across the frame. This makes you capture fast-moving objects easily. Both the weight and price of this Nikon D3500 are low and affordable. Below you can check out some of its key features.
- Capture 15x Larger Images than Smartphone Camera
- Easy to use for Teenagers
- Fast and accurate 11 Points Auto-focus
- Good low light images. Now tune yourself into nightlife mode
- Different and Wide Shooting Modes
- Weightless and Affordable Price
5. Sony DSC-W830
Best Camera For Teens Under Budget
Sony Cyber-Shot DSC-W830 is a digital camera at an affordable price. It is easy or suitable for those who go for a vacation with family and friends. Those who vlog or just who love to capture things. This camera has some good features including 8x optical zooming. It can record 1080p video and capture images of 20.1MP resolution. So you can definitely consider it because of its great quality at a reasonable price. DSC-W830 has in-built creative modes for different situations to enlighten your photos and videos.
It also has an optical SteadyShot stabilization that reduces the blur in images and makes content more focused. The camera has intelligent Auto-Focus that will help you to focus more easily. It has a professional-grade Carl Zeiss lens that will deliver clear and crisp images and videos. Some more key features of Sony Cyber-Shot DSC-W830 are given below.
- Record 1080p Video and Capture Images of 20.1MP Resolution
- In-built Creative Modes like Toy Camera, Pop Color, Beauty effects to Adjust Skin Tones, and many more.
- Intelligent Auto-Focus that will help you to Focus with Ease
- Optical SteadyShot Stabilization for Delivering Steady Images and Videos
6. Canon EOS Rebel T7
Perfect Camera To Start Professional Photography
Canon EOS Rebel T7 is an affordable & feature-rich camera for teenagers. It is perfect for beginners who want to learn professional photography. It Produces Quality Videos and Images of 24.1MP Resolution with a CMOS sensor that boosts the quality of your shots. The camera has a DIGIC 4 Processor for speeding up the Process as well as delivering the best and natural shots.
Rebel T7 also has in-built wireless connectivity that will help you to share your short images and videos to your other devices easily. It also has the feature of remote shooting that means you can access your DSLR with a smartphone. It has powerful EOS Auto-Focus for easy focusing on the object. These were the few impressive features about this Canon EOS Rebel T7, and you can follow up for pros points.
- High-quality videos and images up to 24.1MP resolution with CMOS sensor
- Fast Auto-Focus and DIGIC 4 Image Processor to Boost Image Processing
- Wireless Connectivity that will help you to Share Data
- Remote Accessibility for Easy Operating
- Affordable price
7. Panasonic LUMIX FZ80
Best Value For Money Camera
Panasonic LUMIX FZ80 is a DSLR camera that offers the best Video and Image Quality. You can shoot or record videos up to 4K and images of 18.1MP resolution. So if you want to start as a filmmaker, vlogger, or Youtuber, then you can go for this camera. It is a better option at an affordable price. The camera has the capacity of 60x Optical Zooming to get the Perfect close-up shots! It is equipped with POWER O.I.S. Technology for next-level Image Stabilization.
It also has a 3 inches LCD touchscreen with a 1170k-dot viewfinder that is very insightful for photographers. The camera performs really well even in low lighting conditions. This camera goes best with everything. So you can shoot extraordinary images and videos in low lights. This camera also has the feature of Post focus, which means that you can tap on the spot where you want to focus. You can take a look at the features below.
- 3 inches LCD touchscreen with the 1,170k-dot viewfinder
- Record Video up to 4K and image of 18.1MP resolution.
- Post focus Feature
- Comfortable Grip and High-Resolution Viewfinder
- Wireless connectivity
8. Canon PowerShot SX530
Best Zooming Camera Under Budget For Teens
Canon PowerShot SX530 is a better option for those who want to get into professional photography. It is Successful in achieving all the requirements that a photographer needs. Here is the explanation of this Canon PowerShot SX530 in depth. First of all, this camera has a Capacity of 50x Zooming, so now you can get a Perfect Close-up Shot.
When it comes to quality, you can record videos up to 1080p full HD and capture images of 16.0MP resolution. This camera has a High-Sensitivity CMOS sensor and the DIGIC 4+ Image Processor that will enlighten your shot images and videos in terms of processing and quality. Here are some of the key features for better understanding.
- 50x Optical Zooming Capacity
- Wireless Connectivity for Fast and Easy Sharing
- DIGIC 4+ Image Processor with High Sensitivity CMOS Sensor
- Intelligent IS
- Creative Mode with High-Speed AF
- 1080p HD Video and Images of 16.0MP Resolution Quality
9. Sony DSCWX350
Best Pocket Size Camera For Teenagers
Sony DSCWX350 is the best pocket-size camera that comes with a classic look. It is weightless & easy to use at an affordable price. You can easily carry this camera on vacations with family and friends. You can even Create Vlogs through this camera easily. It can record video of 1080p and can capture images of 18.2MP resolution. It has a 20x Zoom Lens and also has a capacity of 40x Clear Image Digital Zoom.
This camera features a 20.4 Megapixels Exmor R CMOS Image Sensor that brings out the full Resolving Power of the Camera’s Professional G Lens to produce fast and detailed images. It has a BIONZ X image processor for speeding up the image process and boosting the quality. This actually makes this camera impressive and brings it to the list of the best camera for teenagers. You may have the best experience using this camera on your vacation.
- 20.4 Megapixel Exmor R CMOS Image Sensor
- BIONZ X Image Processor
- 20x Zoom Lens Plus 40x Clear Image digital Zoom
- Record 1080p videos and can Capture zImages of 18.2MP
- Comfortable, weightless, and easy to use.
10. Canon EOS Rebel T7i
Best DSLR Camera for Professional Photography
Canon EOS Rebel T7i is the best camera for teenagers with professional features like Vlogging, Filmmaking, Concert Shoots, etc. It has all the important features that photographers really need. It is easy to use all-rounder camera. The camera can record videos up to 1080p and can capture images of 24.2MP resolution with a CMOS (APS C) sensor. This sensor boosts the image quality and captures the detailed colors to bring natural feels.
You can easily shoot up to 60fps continuously. The camera has fast and accurate Auto-Focus named Dual Pixel CMOS AF that also includes Phase detection and more. You can easily capture fast-moving objects in a single click. You can also live stream in high quality by accessing the EOS Utility Webcam Beta Software. Below are some of the few key features that enlight this T7i.
- 24.2MP Resolution Images and 1080p Video Quality
- CMOS (APS C) Sensor for Boosting the Quality
- Dual Pixel CMOS AF for Fast and Accurate Auto-Focus
- Live Stream function with EOS Utility Webcam Beta Software
- Continuous Shooting with 60fps
11. Panasonic LUMIX DC-ZS70K
Best Point & Shoot Camera for Teenagers
Panasonic LUMIX DC-ZS70K is the best point & shoot camera for teenagers. It is a highly compatible camera because of its usage, functions, and quality. You can shoot up to 4K HD video that no digital camera offers in this list along with Images of 20.3MP resolution. You can take it out for your vacation or record vlogs too. Also, this Camera has 5-axis Image Stabilization for the steady shoot of images and videos. You can also capture 4K selfie videos without any difficulty.
Since it is a point & shoot camera, you can easily handle it while travelling and capturing steady shots. It also has the feature of Post focus that allows you to change or improve focus after clicking the photo. Also, it has an eye-level electronic viewfinder. These all features make it stand in the list of the best camera for teenagers. Below, you can check out some of the key features of Panasonic LUMIX DC-ZS70K.
- Capture 4K HD Video and Image of 20.1MP Resolution
- 5-Axis Image Stabilization For Steady Image
- 0. 2 Inch 1, 166k dot electronic viewfinder
- Easy WiFi Connectivity
- Post focus feature, zooming capacity, easy setting or control, and mobility
12. Nikon COOLPIX A900
Best Entry Level Point & Shoot Camera
Nikon COOLPIX A900 is an entry-level point & shoot camera that comes with a comfortable grip and easy carry features. You can easily shoot the best scenic beauty as a beginner. It can capture images of 20.0 Megapixels resolution. It is Bound with the CMOS Image Sensor. The 35x optical zooming gets you closer to the subject without affecting the quality of output.
It can capture 4K UHD video which is an ultimate filmmaking feature of this camera. The Camera has the Capacity of 70x Digital Zooming. It has a Snapbridge app that will give access to remote control via smartphone. It also has wireless connectivity to share data through Wi-Fi. These were the few best features of Nikon COOLPIX A900.
- Images of 20.0MP and Video of 4K UHD Quality
- 35x Optical Zooming Plus 70x Digital Zooming
- Easily Share data through Wi-Fi Connectivity
- Remote access by using the Snapbridge app.
- CMOS sensor for Boosting the Quality of Images and Videos
13. AKASO EK7000
Best Cheapest Action Camera for Teenagers
AKASO EK7000 is the cheapest action camera for teenagers who want to shoot action or even get started with Moto Vlogging. You can shoot action scenes more easily by mounting the camera to appropriate places. It is easy to use and carry because of it’s small size. It delivers the best quality images and videos in comparison to the price. You can record at 4K/60fps that will produce crystal clear video, and you capture 12MP images. Though, images won’t deliver the quality as of video.
Since this AKASO EK7000 is mainly focused on video recording. It has an excellent build quality, and it supports you to capture up to 100ft deep in water. So, I can say that this camera can shoot anywhere. It has features such as shooting modes that include capture and share mode. A 170° wide-angle Lens enables you to capture a wider angle of view of the scene. These were the super quality of AKASO EK7000, you can take a look at the key features below.
- Shooting Modes such as Burst Photo and Time Lapse
- The best and Cheapest option for Moto Vlogging
- Instant share of captured images and videos via in-built Wi-Fi
- Longer battery life for shooting more hours
14. Kodak PIXPRO
Perfect Camera For Children
Kodak PIXPRO is a basic mid size camera for teenagers that produces basic videos and images output. It can capture images of 16MP images that will also produce detailed color. You can also alter the images without decompressing the quality. It also captures low noise images in low light.
It can capture videos up to 720p quality. It has O.I.S. (Optical Image Stabilization) that produces steady images and videos. It runs on an eco-friendly lithium-ion battery. Pixpro has a 24mm wide-angle lens with 42x optical zooming. You can get closer to your subject and shoot clear images. So Kodak PIXPRO is a basic camera that has all the basic features, you can take a look at the key features below.
- In-built Image Stabilization
- Capture 720p Videos and Image of 16MP Resolution
- 24mm Wide-Angle along with 42x Optical Zooming
- Alter the Images without losing the original quality of the images
- Blink/Smile Detection Feature for Instant Capture
15. Canon ELPH 180
Easy To Use Camera For Teenagers
Canon PowerShot ELPH 180 is the best easy to use digital camera for teenagers. If you are getting started with traveling or vlogging, It will be a good option for you. You can easily carry and shoot everywhere, at any time. I would like to share some of its features with you all. It has different shooting modes or settings such as White Balance Control-Auto, Daylight, Cloudy, Tungsten, Fluorescent, Fluorescent H, Custom. It is simple in use with a classic digital camera look. You can capture video up to 720p quality and images of 20.0MP resolution.
It has a CCD sensor with a DIGIC 4+ image processor. This processor actually boosts the quality of images and videos you shot in all aspects. It has an 8x optical image zooming lens with an in-built image stabilizer that will allow you to shoot more close and steady images or videos of your subject. For more, you can check out the key features below.
- Smart AUTO technology that selects the setting according to the situation
- 720p quality videos and 20.0MP resolution images
- 8x optical zooming lens
- In-built image stabilization with the DIGIC 4+ image processor.
- Different scenic modes for easy and comfortable shooting.
16. Sony DSCW800/B
Best Durable Camera For Teens
Sony DSCW800/B is the best durable camera for teens. You can easily carry it in your pocket and shoot whenever you want. It is a digital camera that comes with a 5x optical zoom lens with 10x Clear Image digital zoom. You can capture images of 20.1MP resolution with a HAD CCD image sensor that produces the best quality images in all aspects like color, contrast, detailing, and many more.
It has in-built stabilization for reducing blur images with steady shot image stabilization. This technology also brings stability to video too. You can make your camera menu simple by putting it into easy mode. To navigate through the features, It has an in-built guide that will help you to know all its features and their functions. You also get a 360-degree panorama mode. These were the few incredible features of this Sony DSCW800/B.
- Smile Shutter Technology to capture when you smile
- Picture Effect for Expressive Images
- DSLR Like Quality
- 5x Zooming Lens with SteadyShot Image Stabilization
- Super HAD CCD 20.1 MP sensor
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
My number one recommendation would be Canon G7X Mark II because it has almost everything you need as a photographer, filmmaker, vlogger, youtuber, or anything. The best part is that it is easy to use and comes in an affordable price too.
If you are really passionate about photography or filmmaking, then you must put your efforts, time, and money into this business. I have personally achieved financial freedom by working in the last 8 Years and now, I am working as a freelance and created this blog to help fellow photographers.
The number one thing I would suggest you to make money as a teen photographer is Freelancing and Social Media Content. It’s the best way to make handsome amount as a beginner. Slowly, you can upgrade these ways and step into other things.
Yes! You can easily sell your photographs online on different portals like Shutterstock, etc. You can get paid for the beautiful photos captured by you.